437. HOTSPOT: BRASSERIE LEYSEN

10:52:00 AM


If there's one thing I absolutely love to do, it will be discovering new places to eat at near by where I live, in Mechelen. This restaurant in Bonheiden, approximately 15min from the centre, called 'Brasserie Leysen' was a hidden gem for me but I'm glad I had the opportunity to try it out together with my best friend Thomas

"A hidden gem that deserves to be discovered when you're in Mechelen."

After a quick outfit change in the car (to a more restaurant-proof-look) at the restaurant's parking, we had our aperitif: a glas of wine, tapas and an amuse of salmon with wasabi. The perfect way to start the weekend with if you ask me! We were sitting in the lounge corner with a nice view over the new renovated interior. It was truly beautiful and completely my style when it comes to going to a cozy restaurant. Warm colors, a fire place with a grill and awesome couches. I could've been sitting there for an extra hour or two but the 'Chef's Corner' was waiting for us. 

It's the corner next to the fire place and grill where the Chef himself, David, prepared a 5courses dinner. All dry aged meat and a brownie with the wine 'Maury Grenache noir' as dessert to finish with. The courses were served with matching wines, sauces with the meat and it was just heaven on earth. I actually never eat meat at home, only chicken once in a while, but I only eat like a steak or lamb at a restaurant. However this kind of grill and the matching wines/sauces was a first-time-ever experience.

"Wines such as Languedoc, Montsant, Nebbiolo and Vietti were served during dinner."

We left the place with a serious 'wauw'-feeling. I never, but never, had such an amazing, delicious and surprising dinner. I give this place a 5/5 stars and recommend you all to go and discover it. And you know I'm not easy to satisfy when it comes to food, so this place is seriously a hotspot!

Opening hours and address:
Closed every Monday
Tuesday 'till Saturday: 12AM-2PM and from 6PM-9.30PM
On Sunday: 12PM-9.30PM

Brasserie Leysen
Rijmenamseweg 167
2820 Bonheiden
+3215 52 96 90

And if you go: let me know your experience! I would like to know your ideas on the place. A big thanks to David and his crew for the great service and the amazing evening. Cheers to Leysen!

This post has been made in collaboration with Brasserie Leysen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for leaving a comment. I will answer your questions as soon as possible!

Like us on Facebook