433. BIRTHDAY DINNER AT IL CAPRIANI

12:34:00 PM


Even though I was on the MSC Cruise when it was my 25th birthday, I did celebrate it before leaving. Usually I never do something special, neither a dinner or party, but after all these months sick home I needed to celebrate the 'new year'. 

Together with my closest friends Thomas, Evy and Veronique we went to Il Capriani. My all-time favorite restaurant. Whether it's in Brussels, Antwerp or Mechelen, I can't get enough of their daily specials and the anti pasti of the chef is always the perfect start of the dinner. So this time we also started with the chef's special. From parmesan cheese croquettes and the best Vitello Tonato of Belgium, to carpaccio and sword fish. A-MA-ZING! Of course we had a cheers with some prosecco as well and for dinner we all went for a suggestion of the day. Actually I always go for one of these as they aren't on the menu card and they seem to surprise me with new tastes and things I would never have if I didn't try the suggestion. 

Il Capriani in Mechelen is next to Antwerp the one with my favorite interior design. You all know I have a little passion for Interior. The bar in Mechelen has a turquoise tiles design, the couches are in blue velvet and when there's good weather outside you can enjoy a drink on their lounge beds and enjoy a beautiful sunset while having dinner. Unfortunately it wasn't such a good weather on my birthday, it never was anyway this summer, so we stayed inside. Now I just want summer to be back so I can sit there outside and enjoy my glass of prosecco. Hello sun??

After hours of laughing, having a delicious dinner and the best time with people I truly love to the moon and back, it was time for my birthday cake. Did you see it on Instagram Stories that day? I still kept some pieces in the fridge as it was too big, haha. It's worth the try as it's every day someones birthday and that's a good reason to have cake every day as well.

A special thanks to Il Capriani for receiving this crazy group of people, including me, and for giving me my first and awesome birthday dinner! If you want to have yours there, or a family dinner, you can reserve a table through their website

For Mechelen you can also call +3215 65 64 56. Address: Blarenberglaan 8, 2800 Mechelen.

This post has been made in collaboration with Il Capriani.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for leaving a comment. I will answer your questions as soon as possible!

Like us on Facebook