77. PERSONAL GOALS

12:17:00 PM

http://www.theafterworkblog.com

Let's get personal...
As a lifestyle blogger I will , sometimes, go a little bit more personal (as I said in the new blogproject discribtion). For me it's very important that my readers get to know the real me. How I feel, think and live after work.

So let's get personal and talk about a new goal in life. 
As a kid I never wanted to sport or to take danceclasses. I was always finding excuses to not take part to the gym hours in school (I'm sure some of you didn't like it too, haha!) and students were making fun of it. When you're that age (around 7) and they're laughing at you, it leaves some marks. Even untill today. But in high school everything changed. Doing sports made me change my mind after school. I tried Dancing, Gymnastics, Thaibox, Snowboarding,... But unfortunately I always ended up with fractures, which made me stop doing all of them. Now, after almost 3years I really start to miss it and when you get a 'little' older every year, there's nothing better than keeping your body in shape.

I decided to focus on two points. My tummy and legs. Because as women among eachother: we all know these two 'problem-zones'. These were also the two things they were always lauging about at school. And now I'm just being honest. I'm not ashamed of them at all and nobody is perfect. And that's really okay! We are who we are. And I don't need a sixpack or a Nicki Minaj-kind-of-ass, I just want to be in shape, for me. Myself.

So one month ago I started doing some excersises as sit-ups, squats,... The classic ones. Repeating them in sets of 10 at the beginning, now 50, during 30minutes every day. It may not sound a lot for those who go to the gym or those who do a fulltime sport, but for me, with the injuries I've had in the past, it's enough. And oh my! I can tell that the result is great after 5weeks. And to keep me motivated ('cause you just need to keep yourself motivated) I got some new sportwear for Christmas. So soon more about that!

Now I'm thinking about starting to write more about this story, the progress and what kind of tools I use. Also telling you more about the excersises I do. And I hope to motivate some of you, who maybe got the same 'school'-experience as me and to kick some ass together to show them that they can't get us down. Go, go, go! 


http://www.theafterworkblog.com
http://www.theafterworkblog.com
http://www.theafterworkblog.com
(Nike ID sneakers // H&M Sportwear // USA PRO and Dunlop sport items)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great post :)! Staying active is capital, not only for a toned body but also for a toned mind...and why not be stylish while doing sports?! I chose Yoga a few years back because I felt it is really the perfect thing for me and I was right because I love it! No matter what we choose, it is important to do something that's in harmony with our being! I can't wait for more posts about your routine! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I will answer your questions as soon as possible!

Like us on Facebook